Moo! Moo! Baby Story Time met for the second time in February, on Thursday, February 28 at 10:30 AM with Ms. Tegan (that's me!) and a small group. A fun time was had by all as we explored the theme of Animals! For a short time after Story Time, I opened up Play Place and everyone had some time to play and chat.
Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 23 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading.
Our next session will be Thursday, March 21 at 10:30 AM. Be sure to sign up to save your seat as spaces are limited (10 babies max).
What We Read
- Are You a Cow? by Sandra Boynton. - JJ BOARD BOY
- The narrator wants to know what you are. What are you though?
- Noisy Beasties by Neecy Twinem. - JJ BOARD TWI
- Animals make lots of noises. Who makes what noise?
- Country Animals by Lucy Cousins. - JJ BOARD COU
- Animals you find in the country or woods.
- Gossie & Gertie by Olivier Dunrea.: - JJ DUN
- Gossie & Gertie are the best of friends and do everything together. Or do they?
- Recited the rhyme "Leg, over Leg, the Dog Went to Dover" with motions
- Sang "Heads, Shoulders, Knees, & Toes" and pointed to the body part
- Recited the bouncing rhyme "This is the way the baby/farmer/jockey rides..." while bouncing baby faster and faster.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Support phonological awareness by introducing sounds, which help with hearing the smaller sounds in the words. When you play or read or when you are out or about, say the animal sounds, car or vehicle sounds, house sounds, or any other sounds. If your child is starting to talk, have them repeat the sound with you (if they can).