Despite the rain, we had a good crowd from all over to hear stories, sing songs, and act like a train! Our theme that day was trains since the garden railway opened just before my story time.
What We Read
- Trouble on the Tracks by Kathy Mallat. - JJ MAL - Everything is in order for the train to travel the route it has traveled many times before. Wait! What is that on the tracks? There are two large green eyes! Oh no!
- Two Little Trains by Margaret Wise Brown ; pictures by Leo and Diane Dillon. - JJ BRO - Two little trains are heading west. One little train is a real train traveling across the country while another is crossing the house. This is a fun story for the juxtaposition of the pictures and use of imagination to find the similarities in the differing situations.
- And The Train Goes--:- JJ BEE - Here comes the train! See all the colorful train cars as they travel down the track. A fun one for making silly sounds with your child.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together"
- Recited a flannel song called "Clickety-clack, Clickety-Clack" and counted the lovely trains.
- Sang an echo song called "Down by the Station" From SurLaLune Story Time
- Recited a rhyme called "This is a Choo-Choo Train" where we acted like trains! From SurLaLune Story Time
- Sang The ABCs!
*Please note if you want to attend this story time, you must register in advance and you may need to pay an admission fee (unless you are a member). We do have a Morris Arboretum pass available to check out of the library.