What We Read
- Oh, No! by Candace Fleming and Pictures by Eric Rohmann. - JJ FLE - One little animal falls into the "deep, deep hole," then another, then another until the tiger is prepared to make a feast of them. Will anyone save them? This fun story has a great refrain that a child can join in on and everyone shouted out "Oh, No!" as I read the story.
- Picture a Tree by Barbara Reid. - JJ REI -Trees have different shapes during the year. We explore the many sides of trees in this work.
- The World is Waiting for You by Barbara Kerley. - JJ KER -With photographs, this book challenges the reader to explore his or her world.
- Monday The Bullfrog - This puppet is a book! The book is in his mouth! Monday the Bullfrog is a hungry frog and he eats lots of yummy-to-him things.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together"
- Recited "Plant a Little Seed" which I acted out by making a plant grow on my flannel board.
- Acted out a rhyme called "Little Mouse" from The Complete Book of Rhymes, Songs, Poems, Fingerplays, and Chants / [compiled by] Jackie Silberg, Pam Schiller ; illustrated by Deborah C. Wright.
*Please note if you want to attend this story time, you must register in advance and you may need to pay an admission fee (unless you are a member). We do have a Morris Arboretum pass available to check out of the library. I am there once a month and another librarian from Montgomery County is there on the other Tuesday.