What We Read
- Let's Get Ready for Valentine's Day by Lloyd G. Douglas. - J 394.2618 DOU
Non-fiction titles can be read just like picture books to children. This title, in a simple language, explains what one child learns in school about Valentine's Day and how she makes a Valentine's Day card for her parents.
- Valentine Cats by Jean Marzollo; illustrated by Hans Wilhelm - JJ MAR
Writer cats, artist cats, and postal cats get ready for Valentine's Day by making cards! Wait, are those kittens playing with the scraps? A fun cat tale about creating a card and the pictures enhance this tale.
- Smooch your pooch:by Teddy Slater & Arthur Howard - JJ SLA
If you love your pooch, give them a big smooch and more in this tale! Pooches require a lot of attention and this picture book gives you some suggestions on how to show you love your pooch, from smooches to throwing a ball to snacks that may or may not be right for your pooch. Not necessarily Valentine's, but still a great story about caring for your pet.
- 10 Little Valentine's
- Skidamarink (a Dink a Dink) - with motions!
- And of course, The Hokey Pokey!
- A Heart Buddy (or puppet or Valentine)
This cute and simple craft was inspired by these Silly Heart Puppets from this blog. Check out some of our cute Heart Buddies that were created!