Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading.
Busy Busy Babies was our theme today! Vroom! Zoom!
What Was Read
- Where is Baby's Belly Button? : a lift-the-flap book by Karen Katz.:
- Where are baby's hands, belly button, feet, and more? See where they are hiding.
- Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom by Anna Dewdney.: - JJ BOARD DEW
- Llama Llama of Red Pajama Fame is out and about with his friends, zooming and vrooming and whoosing!
- Busy Chickens by John Schindel and Steven Holt.: - JJ BOARD SCH
- Chickens are busy doing lots of things! Some things baby can do, while other things are what chickens do
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" while pointing to the body part.
- Sang "The Wheels on the Bus."
- Recited a bounding rhyme titled "I'm Bouncing!"
- One topic we have not covered is letter knowledge. At this age, letters are worth introducing, but it will take time for your child to recognize the letter. Letter knowledge is the ability to identify the first letter in his/her name and to find it in books. Use letter toys as you play, or point out letters as you read, which is today’s tip.
- Try to read every day, a few minutes here, a few minutes there. As your baby grows older, s/he will sit for longer stories and start to understand how to use a book. Point out pictures, letters. Gently trace the letter with their finger.