Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading.
What Was Read
- Flaptastic Colors [text, Charlie Gardner ; U. S. editor, Jennifer Quasha].: - JJ BOARD GAR
- Bright colors and flaps with pictures of every day objects.
- Blue hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton.:- (Request from another library)
- Repeating colors, four animals, but there is a very silly turkey!
- I Love Colors by Margaret Miller.:- (Request from another library)
- Bright photographs, baby faces, and colors!
- Colors by Emily Bolam - JJ BOARD BOL
- A textured book highlighting things of different colors.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited "Baa Baa Black Sheep" using different colors and ending with a ZEBRA.
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" as we pointed to each part.
- Recited a bounce rhyme about "Bumping up and down in my little [color] wagon." We used different colors.
Color books are a great way to introduce books to children and bring about print awareness. Use books to show them familiar things and how the picture can represent that familiar thing. Later, they will understand that the printed words represent real things.
- Read! Point in books and talk about what is there. Look at the item and talk about the texture, the color and maybe even introduce the real thing. Or point at the word and talk about the word. You’re helping them to differentiate between things.