Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
Our Theme: Bedtime!
What We Read
- Nighty Night Little Green Monster by Ed Emberley.: - JJ EMB
- A little monster is getting ready for bed! The reader gets to point out the parts that make a face then say goodnight to each part. A great bedtime story to say "nighty-night."
- Jack-- it's bedtime by Rebecca Elgar - JJ BOARD ELG
- Jack is getting ready for bed in this lift-the-flap, counting book.
- Hush, Little Baby, Don't Say a Word.:- JJ BOARD HUS
- The popular nursery rhyme and song gets a story book treatment with lovely pictures of soft items.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
- Sang "Heads, Shoulders, Knees & Toes."
- Recited "5 Little Monkeys" as a bounce rhyme.
- Talk, talk, talk to your baby. Pick a night and narrate their bedtime routine. You'll be reinforcing the background knowledge, but you'll also be teaching them that stories follow a sequence of events.