Our Theme: Peek-a-Boo!
Early Literacy Tip and Activity: Help build baby's background knowledge (all that knowledge they'll use as they start to understand their world)! Right now, baby is like a sponge and the world is his/her teacher. Help them by talk, talk, talking to them. Use descriptive words and talk about what they are doing or using or touching or passing by!
What We Read
- Peekaboo Baby by Sebastien Braun.- JJ BOARD BRA
- Play Peek-a-boo with different babies in this favorite lift-the-flaps book!
- Reach by Elizabeth Verdick - JJ BOARD VER
- Full page photographs of babies reaching out for different things.
- Peek-a-boo! by Roberta Grobel Intrater. - JJ BOARD INT
- Bright photos, simple texts invite a peek-a-boo game and discussion of emotions.
- Sang my favorite opening and closings songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Sang "Clap/Wave/Hug Like Me" to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat.
- Recited the "I Bounce/Tickle/Hug You" rhyme.