Our Theme: Farms!
Early Literacy Tip and Activity: Animal sounds support phonological awareness. Play pretend and act like different animals and ask baby to try to imitate you!
What We Read
- Barnyard baby by Elise Broach ; illustrated by Cori Doerrfeld.:- JJ BOARD BRO
- Barnyard Baby is checking out the farm. What are her animals friends up to?
- Are you a cow? by Sandra Boynton.:- JJ BOARD BOY
- Chicken wants to know what kind of animal you are.
- On the farm / [illustrated by Mandy Stanley].:
- Colorful images highlight animals and things you might see at the farm.
- Sang my favorite opening and closings songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Recited "This Little Cow" which is similar to "This Little Piggie."
- Sang "This is the way the baby/farmer/jockey rides"