Our Theme: Food!
Early Literacy Tip and Activity: Food provides a rich learning opportunity. Add to their vocabulary by looking at their food with all five senses (when possible) and using descriptive words.
What We Read
- Where is Baby's Yummy Tummy? : a Karen Katz lift-the-flap book by Karen Katz.:- JJ BOARD KAT
- Baby has such a "yummy tummy" and "toes good enough to eat" but where are they hiding?
- I Smell Honey by Andrea and Brian Pinkney. - JJ BOARD PIN
- The mother and child are cooking in the kitchen. What are they making?
- Yummy Yucky by Leslie Patricelli
- Some foods are yummy and others are yucky. This baby tells you what s/he finds yummy and yucky.
- Sang my favorite opening and closings songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Recited "This Little Cow."
- Sang "Do You Know the Muffin Man?"
- Recited "Pat-a-cake, Pat-a-cake."