Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
What Was Read:
- Baby Loves Spring! by Karen Katz- JJ BOARD KAT
- In this lift the flap book, a baby dressed in a rain coat and rain boots explores the sights and sounds of spring. What's that?
- Welcome Spring - illustrated by Nancy Davis ; written by Jill Ackerman. - JJ BOARD ACK
- Another baby dressed in a rain coat and boots explores sights and sounds of spring. Instead of flaps, this book has parts for baby to feel like a squishy flower.
- Butterfly Colors and Counting by Jerry Pallotta ; illustrated by Shennen Bersani. - JJ BOARD PAL
- Count up to 10 with ten different butterflies or just talk about the colors of the butterflies.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited a rhyme that starts with "I saw a little bird, hop, hop, hop."
- Recited a rhyme about "Two Little Black Birds" named Jack & Jill.
- Recited a rhyme about going "Up-up-up" and "Down-Down-Down."
- Ah! Spring! The weather is changing and we'll be outside a lot soon! Spring is a great time to introduce more background knowledge, especially through play! Play in the dirt as you garden. Have baby check out the tools you use (supervise them, of course). The more they learn, the more they know.