Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
Theme: Things that go!
What We Read
- Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom by Anna Dewdney.: - JJ BOARD DEW
- Llama Llama goes on adventures with swooshing and swishing, zipping and zooming.
- Go, Go, Boats! [illustrated by Simon Hart].: - JJ BOARD HAR
- Boats! Lots of boats and different boats!
- Blue bus, red balloon : a book of colors / Brian Biggs.: - JJ BOARD BIG
- The red balloon escapes the hand of a little girl and goes on an adventure past various vehicles.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "The Wheels on the Bus." We acted out wheels, wipers, horns, and bouncing babies!
- Recited a Sea Rhyme
Here is the sea, the wavy sea (wave your hands from side to side)Here is my boat, (wrap arms around baby like a boat)And here is me. (Point to baby)All of the fishes (wiggle fingers)Down below (point down)Wiggle their tails, (wiggle fingers)And away they go! (wiggle fingers away)
- Recited a bounce rhyme:
I’m bouncing, bouncing everywhere, (bounce child on knees)I bounce and bounce into the air.I’m bouncing, bouncing like a ball,I bounce and bounce, then down I fall. (let child slip through)
- Car and trucks provide a rich environment for phonological awareness. Make vroom noises and try to imitate trucks. Screech with a toy car as it makes a turn or stops on a dime. Do this all with play!