Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
What Was Read:
- Quack! by Phyllis Root ; illustrated by Holly Meade. - JJ BOARD ROO
- What do ducks say? QUACK! Baby Ducklings hatch from their eggs, follow Mama Duck, and play in a puddle!
- Duckie's Rainbow by Frances Barry.:- JJ BAR
- Duckie is rushing through the different areas and different colors. It rains and then, oh? What is that!
- Five Little Ducks / illustrated by Penny Ives.: - JJ BOARD IVE
- This popular rhyme gets a book treatment with page cutouts and lovely illustrations.
- Quick duck! by Mary Murphy.: - JJ BOARD MUR
- Follow the Quick Little Duckling! Where is s/he going?
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited: "Five Little Ducks Swimming in a Lake"
- Recited: "I Saw a Little Duck Go Hop, Hop, Hop."
- Recited: "Trot, Trot to Boston."