Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
Theme: Bunny rabbits!
What Was Read
- Hop! by Phyllis Root ; illustrated by Holly Meade. - JJ BOARD ROO
- Five little rabbits go about their day in this fun, rhyming story.
- Where We Sleep by Nancy Tafuri.: - JJ BOARD TAF
- A simple story that talks about where baby animals sleep. Fantastic for new vocabulary (like "thicket").
- Busy Bunnies by John Schindel ; [photographs by Steven Holt]. -JJ BOARD SCH
- Photographs highlight what bunnies are up to throughout a day.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited/sang: "I wish I were a bunny."
- Sang: "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes."
- Recited the rhyme: "Little Rabbit."
- Recited the rhyme: "Me and my horse."
Something I haven't talked a lot about here is Print Awareness. Aside from helping you, the rhyme cards I use every time show baby that there is something on that card that you're reading. Reading is how you can expose baby to print from pointing to parts of the book to point out the words on the page.