Curious as to what "Morris Arboretum Story Time" is about? Check out this link for more.
What Was Read
- Feathers For Lunch by Lois Ehlert.:- JJ EHL
- The cat is bored of his regular food so when the door is accidentally left open, the cat sneaks out for a feathered treat, only to find that those birds can outsmart him for a few reasons!
- Birds by Tracey Crawford. - J 598 CRA (Creature Comparisons series)
- This is actually a very simple nonfiction book that explains birds to young children.
- An Egg is Quiet by Diana Aston ; illustrated by Sylvia Long. - J 594.4 AST
- Do you know about eggs? In this special book, readers learn about eggs. A highlight for this one was the chance for children to find the egg in one spread (it isn't as easy as it looks)!
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If you'd like to hear a story" and "The more we read together."
- Sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
- Recited: "I saw a little bird go hop, hop, hop..."
- Recited: "Two Little Black Birds."