What is Baby Story Time? It is a special story time designed for babies and caregivers that includes books, rhymes, and songs. We meet for about 15 minutes and have a little playtime afterward. Baby Story Time happens Thursdays at 10:15 AM. Next session is October 16 at 10:15 AM. See you then!
Our Theme: Colors!
Early Literacy Tip and Activity: Color books are a great way to introduce books to children and bring about print awareness. Use books to show them familiar things and mention what color they are. Talk about colors throughout the day!
What We Read
- Baby Loves Fall! : a Karen Katz lift-the-flap book by Karen Katz
- What are all the fun things you can see in fall? Lift the flap and find out!
- Baby Loves Colors Illustrated by Dave Aikins- JJ BOARD BAB
- A simple color book where one page is the full color and the next page has some things in that color. A great lap and discussion book.
- My Colors = Mis Colores by Rebecca Emberley.. - JJ BOARD EMB
- Another simple color book with one page full of a single color and the next featuring one object with the color.
- Sang my favorite opening and closings songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Recited "Baa, baa, black sheep."
- Sang "Bumping up and down my little red wagon."