What is Baby Story Time? It is a special story time designed for babies and caregivers that includes books, rhymes, and songs. We meet for about 15 minutes and have a little playtime afterward. Baby Story Time happens Thursdays at 10:15 AM. Next session is October 16 at 10:15 AM. See you then!
Our Theme: Fall!
Early Literacy Tip and Activity: Seasons provide a great chance to build background knowledge. Talk to your baby about the world and how this happens every fall. Next fall, baby might surprise you with what s/he remembers!
What We Read
- I Love You, Little Pumpkin! by Sandra Magsamen.
- Who is hiding behind different flaps? Baby in costume!
- Autumn Leaves: - JJ SAU
- Bright photos and simple text describe the fall leaves.
- I'm a Dingle-Dangle Scarecrow / illustrated by Annie Kubler.: - JJ BOARD KUB
- A children's song gets a nice book rendition in this board book.
- Sang my favorite opening and closings songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Recited "Five little pumpkins."
- Sang "Autumn Leaves are falling down."
- Recited "Pumpkin, Pumpkin" bounce rhyme.