What is Baby Story Time? It is a special story time designed for babies and caregivers that includes books, rhymes, and songs. We meet for about 15 minutes and have a little playtime afterward. Baby Story Time happens Thursdays at 10:15 AM. Next session is October 30 at 10:15 AM. See you then!
Our Theme: Monsters
Early Literacy Tip and Activity: Monster noises are a great way to build phonological awareness and develop the sounds baby will need for words. Pretend you are monsters! Make silly noises! Have fun!
What We Read
- Creepy Monsters, Sleepy Monsters : a Lullaby by Jane Yolen ; illustrated by Kelly Murphy.:- JJ YOL
- Two little monsters wrap up their day. They take a bath and get tucked into bed, but they aren't quite tired yet!
- Nighty Night Little Green Monster by Ed Emberley.:- JJ EMB
- Little Baby Green Monster is getting ready for bed. This story follows the format of building up to Little Green Monster and saying good night to Little Green Monster.
- That's Not My Monster by Fiona Watt ; illustrated by Rachel Wells. - JJ BOARD WAT
- A touch and feel story about different monsters as we search for the narrator's own monster.
- Sang my favorite opening and closings songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Recited "Two Little Eyes to Look Around."
- Recited "Five Crazy Monsters Jumping on the Bed."
- Recited "I'm bouncing, bouncing everywhere."