What We Read
(The titles will take you to the catalog to request the book.)
- Snow Party by Harriet Ziefert ; illustrated by Mark Jones. - JJ ZIE
- It's the first day of winter and the snowmen, snow women, and snow children have gathered to celebrate and open a big box. What's in the box?
- Snowmen All Year by Caralyn Buehner ; pictures by Mark Buehner.: - JJ BUE
- What if your snowman could live all year? A child imagines all the fun things he'd do with his snowman if only his snowman was made of magic snow.
- Frozen Noses by Jan Carr ; illustrated by Dorothy Donohue.: - JJ CAR
- Winter is so much fun! We'll go sledding and build snowmen and keep warm. This was especially fun to read because of the enthusiasm for hot chocolate!
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear A Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited "The Five Little Snowmen."
- Recited "I'm a Little Snowman" which is similar to "I'm a Little Teapot."
- Sang and danced the "Snowkey Pokey."
We had a craft too. "Name" Snowmen! This was a great activity for children to practice writing and letter knowledge (early literacy skills!). Everyone made awesome snowmen. Here's my example (That reads "Ms. T."):