Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
Our theme was WINTER!
What We Read
- Bunny's First Snowflake by Monica Wellington.- JJ BOARD WEL
- Are you ready for winter? Let's see if the animals are ready too!
- Snowflake Baby by Elise Broach ; illustrated by Cori Doerrfeld. - JJ BOARD BRO
- A fun, winter-themed, lift-the-flap book.
- Snowy, Blowy Winter by Bob Raczka ; illustrated by Judy Stead.:- JJ RAC
- Simple rhymes tell the story about winter and what we like to do on snowy days!
- Out and About. illustrated by Mandy Stanley. - JJ BOARD STA
- One word on each page talking about weather.
What We Did
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited "Five Little Snowmen."
- Sang "Boots, Parka, Scarf, and Hat" to the tune of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes."
- Recited the bouncing rhyme "I'm bouncing, bouncing everywhere!"
The seasons provide a rich opportunity for vocabulary! When babies play in the snow, you can to them about what they might be feeling, seeing, hearing (or not hearing) and more! Books, play, talk are all easy ways to expand vocabulary.