Our theme for January 9 was "Sight."
Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
What Was Read
- Where is Baby's Belly Button? by Karen Katz- JJ BOARD KAT
- What is baby hiding? A fun lift-the-flap book!
- See the Rabbit by Janet & Allan Ahlberg.- JJ BOARD AHL
- What does baby see? Point out to baby where the object is!
- Show Me! / by Tom Tracy ; pictures by Darcia Labrosse. -JJ BOARD TRA
- Mom and Baby talk about baby's body parts! A great one to read and interact with.
- Peek-a-boo! by Robert Grobel Intrater- JJ BOARD INT
- Baby's favorite game gets an update with this story. Featuring full photos, this book talks about emotions!
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited a rhyme about our body parts and senses.
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Recited an action rhyme about a little bird.
Early Literacy Tip
- A baby's senses are how they interpret the world. Our theme today will be focusing in on one of those senses: sight! When reading to a child, they see the pages of the book and, through you, that print has meaning. With Print Awareness you can use the book as a starting point to talk. Talk about the image, especially with those one word a page books. Take the image and bring in the object to expand a baby's world.