Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
Our Theme: Beach!
What We Read
- Brownie & Pearl Take a Dip by Cynthia Rylant ; pictures by Brian Biggs.: - JJ RYL
- It's a hot day and perfect for a little swim. Brownie and Pearl head outside but what happens when Pearl (the cat) falls into the little pool (hint: cats normally don't like water!)?
- Beach Day! by Anahid Hamparian ; illustrated by Kristin Sorra.: - JJ BOARD HAM
- What do you do when you go to the beach? Say hello to everything of course!
- At the Beach by Salina Yoon.:- JJ BOARD YOO
- Check out the shiny things at the beach from fish to shells to swimsuits! A word book to help build knowledge of the beach.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited a sea and boat rhyme.
- Sang "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."
- Recited the bouncing rhyme: Trot Trot to Boston.
- Singing is a great way to introduce phonological awareness. Babies need to hear many, many words and also hear how those words are broken down into syllables. Singing is perfect for this and sing as much as you can (or recite).