Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
What Was Read:
- Animal Sounds! by Tad Carpenter- JJ BOARD CAR
- Colorful, friendly animals illustrate this story! A grown-up animal says the animal name and the babies make the sound!
- Chomp! by Heather Brown. - JJ BOARD BRO
- Check out all the different animal mouths as the chomp, growl, laugh, and more! You manipulate their mouths. (This did scare some of our little ones and impressed others).
- Who's That-- Jumping? : and other animal actions.: - JJ BOARD WHO
- Check out all the different animals and their actions. Great photos!
- At the zoo / [illustrated by Mandy Stanley].:- JJ BOARD STA
- Simple, colorful illustrations name just a few animals you might see at the zoo.
- Recited a rhyme about being a cat. "I have fur upon my back..."
- Recited the action rhyme "Leg over leg, the dog went to Dover."
- Recited "Five Little Monkeys."
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."