Curious as to what "Morris Arboretum Story Time" is about? Check out this link for more.
What We Read
- Birds / by Kevin Henkes ; illustrated by Laura Dronzek.: - JJ HEN
- Birds come in all shapes and sizes. A child recounts the types of birds and muses on what might happen if birds left trails and more.
- Feathers / Cassie Mayer. - J 598.147 MAY
- A factual book about body coverings. This one focuses on feathers and features a guessing game!
- Up, Tall and High! : [but not necessarily in that order] by Ethan Long.:- JJ LON
- Short chapters that feature birds who illustrate concepts for kids. There are awesome flaps that add to the story!
- Look Whooo's Counting by Suse MacDonald. - Request
- A little owl learns to count up to 10.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If you'd like to hear a story" and "The more we read together."
- Recited "Two Little Black Birds."
- Recited "Little Bird, Little Bird" to the tune of "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear."
- Recited a rhyme that starts "I saw a little bird go hop, hop, hop"