There is only one session left in the 2013-2014 school year. We'll meet on May 22 at 10:15 AM. After that, we'll move to Saturdays during Summer 2014 starting June 28 at 10:15 AM.
Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
Here's what we read today!
What Was Read:
- Animal opposites : a pop-up book / Petr Horáček.: - JJ HOR
- This book has it all! Flaps, pop-ups, and awesome illustrations featuring animals demonstrating an opposite.
- Are you a cow? / by Sandra Boynton.:- JJ BOARD BOY
- The Chicken wants to know, what ARE you?
- Dog comes too / by Hazel Hutchins ; art by Gosia Mosz.:
- Dog and owner go for a hike. With simple words, the story of their hike is told.
What We Did
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited "Leg over leg, the dog went to Dover, when he came to a wall, he jumped right over!"
- Recited "This Little Cow" (similar to "This Little Piggy." We used fingers)
- Recited "This is the way the baby/farmer/jockey rides." Speeding up on each verse.