Here's what we read.
Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
What Was Read:
- Flaptastic Colors [text, Charlie Gardner ; U. S. editor, Jennifer Quasha].: - JJ BOARD GAR
- One bright object! What is its color? Flip the flap and you'll find the color as well as a few more objects in that color!
- Play Baby Play! by Marilyn Janovitz.: - JJ BOARD JAN
- Baby is with friends and will get to decide what to play with...until baby gets tired...
- Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett.:- JJ GRA
- This book is a play on words as bear becomes and then eats the fruit in the title.
- Recited "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep" and had black and white sheep.
- Sang "Heads, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Recited "Bumping up and down in my little red wagon." Then blue, then green wagon.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
Color books are a great way to introduce books to children and bring about print awareness. Use books to show them familiar things and mention what color they are. Talk about colors throughout the day!