This week we enjoyed stories about colors!
What We Read
- I Say, You Say: Colors! by Tad Carpenter. - JJ BOARD CAR
- A lift the flap book about colors! This takes a different spin by saying an item with the color and asking the child to say the color.
- My Colors = Mis Colores by Rebecca Emberley. - JJ BOARD EMB
- Read for Baby Story Time, this simple book has a color spread on one page and an object with the color on the other.
- Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett.:- JJ GRA (There's also a copy in board book format).
- Four words. One story about a bear and his fruit. What a silly bear!
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs to story time: "If You'd Like Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited "Baa, Baa Black Sheep" and changed the colors of our sheep as we sang.
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes."
- In Baby Story Time, sang "Bumping Up and Down In My Little Red Wagon."
- In Toddle Time, recited "Two Little Black Birds."