What We Read
- Birds by Kevin Henkes ; illustrated by Laura Dronzek. - JJ HEN
- There are birds all around us! What would you ask a bird? What do you see?
- Birds by Tracey Crawford. - J 598 CRA
- Did you know we have simple non-fiction books? This book talks about birds in a basic and easy to understand way for children as young as preschool. They'll enjoy point out the birds.
- An Egg is Quiet by Diana Aston ; illustrated by Sylvia Long. - J 591.4 AST
- Similar to the book from last week, this one is another one to pick up and browse. You'll learn a lot about eggs just from this simple work.
What We Did
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs "If You'd like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited "Two Little Black Birds" finger rhyme
- Acted out "Little Bird, Little Bird" actions (similar to Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear).
- Guessed what Monday the Bull Frog ate.